Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Architect. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical oversight to the design, planning and implementation of assigned high-risk/large-scale and highly technical IT solutions that impact the overall IT Ecosystem; and,
- Serving as the department's technical subject matter expert on the assigned solution, and leading the provision of its critical, day-to-day operations.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A four (4) year university degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience conducting technical design and architecture over a broad variety of software and hardware environments. Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements;
- Knowledge of computer science/IT concepts, principles and methodologies relevant to Ecosystem-wide technical design and architecture;
- Knowledge of the ITIL service delivery framework, including a solid understanding of ITIL processes and best practices (including change management processes);
- Knowledge of current and emerging industry standards and best practices used in solution design, architecture, development, testing, integration, implementation and maintenance;
- Knowledge of, IT security practices, Process data modelling techniques and Cost-benefit analysis techniques;
- Knowledge of Technical performance management techniques and Technical QA/QC processes;
- Awareness of department's IT Project Life Cycle, and policies, standards, procedures and processes that pertain to the work activities;
- Awareness of relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act);
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers;
- Knowledge and experience in Data Modeling and Database Design, Data Storage and SAN principles and Data Analytics, languages, runtimes, databases, network, storage, GIS, tiered applications, HTML, HTTP,.NET, Java, CMSes, compilers, IDEs, debugging, open source, enterprise systems, high availability, cloud, source control;
- Familiarity with Industry Practices (SDLC, Release Management, Quality Control, Project Management, Requirements Analysis);
- Strong demonstrated experience and knowledge in Application Design and Modeling;
- Ability to Organize work, meet deadlines, troubleshoot and solve problems;
- Ability to work in partnership with other internal group, the Corporation and the vendor community;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients and interact with staff at all levels;
- Ability to brief and advise senior management on technical decisions in a non-technical manner;
- Excellent leadership skills in order to lead teams comprised of different technical specialists, including external consultants;
- Experience negotiating service agreements with external suppliers;
- Experience handling multiple, overlapping projects;
- Experience conducting risk analysis;
- Good Interpersonal skills / able to integrate with others;
- Good communications skills;
- Good problem-solving abilities, big-picture thinking;
- Ability to learn new technologies; and,
- Public and private sector experience.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.