Big Data Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Big Data Developer for a twelve (12) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in all aspects of Big Data solution delivery life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, production deployment, and support;
- Developing standardized practices for delivering new products and capabilities using Big Data technologies, including data acquisition, transformation, and analysis;
- Ensuring Big Data practices integrate into overall data architectures and data management principles (e.g. data governance, data security, metadata, data quality);
- Creating formal written deliverables and other documentation, and ensure designs, code, and documentation are aligned with enterprise direction, principles, and standards;
- Training and mentoring teams in the use of the fundamental components in the Hadoop stack;
- Assisting in the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases used at management and executive levels for funding and scoping decisions on Big Data solutions and,
- Troubleshooting production issues within the Hadoop environment.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems;
- Minimum of 4 years of Building Java apps;
- Minimum of 2 years of building and coding applications using Hadoop components - HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume etc.;
- Minimum of 2 years of coding Java Scala / Spark, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL;
- Minimum 4 years understanding of traditional ETL tools & Data Warehousing architect;
- Strong personal leadership and collaborative skills, combined with comprehensive, practical experience and knowledge in end-to-end delivery of Big Data solutions;
- Experience in Exadata and other RDBMS (a plus);
- Proficiency in SQL/HiveQL and,
- Hands on expertise in Linux/Unix and scripting skills.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.