Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Server Specialist for a three (3) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Server Specialist
The successful candidate will:
- Work with vendors to maintain and configure servers to operate at optimal capacity: connectivity, utilization, server administration, and performance tuning;
- Ensure that storage systems and backups are properly maintained;
- Problem solve and document of current and new servers in both physical and virtual environments;
- Oversee the process of troubleshooting for server issues; know how to identify, diagnose, and resolve problems, document the solution, and track issues whether it’s network, host, or operating systems;
- Ensure (with vendor support) compliance to security standards, policies and guidelines across the corporate network and data centre provider(s);
- Plan, deploy, and document new servers, printers, devices, and services;
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates and how that may affect functionality.
Skills and Qualifications of a Server Specialist
The qualified candidate must have:
- Eight plus (8+) years IT experience;
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience supporting Microsoft Server applications, Operating Systems, and related Technologies, in both virtual and physical environments;
- Strong vendor management skills with experience in a predominantly outsourced (vendor supported) network environment;
- The following Key Technologies:
- VMware ESX / vSphere 6;
- Windows server 2008/2012R2/2016;
- Active Directory (DHCP, DNS, GPO, sites, scripting, etc);
- Office 365;
- Basic network understanding;
- SCCM / SCOM;
- Linux experience;
- Strong relationship building skills required with a focus on being a win / win collaborator;
- Good listening skills, very client focused;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; professional telephone etiquette;
- Sense of urgency along with an adaptable and flexible attitude to changing priorities;
- Proactive attitude and able to independently to solve issues while keeping other team members informed; and
- Able to work independently while working with a larger team.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.