Engineering Technical Assistant/ Data Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Engineering Technical Assistant/Data Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating production / well data spreadsheets;
- Supporting Production and Facility Engineers to develop automated tools to gather and analyze data;
- Creating macros in excel to automate and/or simplify production analysis tools;
- Creating and managing MS Access databases to manage Production Operations data;
- Developing Spotfire and Power BI tools for data analysis and visualization;
- Workflow documentation and procedure writing for developed tools;
- Presentation and training for developed tools;
- Performing analysis between manual and automated systems/reports to validate transition to automated systems;
- QC data within the automated spreadsheets and weekly production reports is correct with actual measure values;
- Supporting other activities including the development of new reports and interfaces;
- Liaising and coordinating with Operations, Production Accounting, Marketing, and IT;
- Managing and updating MERAK PEEP price deck and files;
- Implementing standardized file structure; and,
- CBU champion for PEEP requests.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience;
- Data analysis experience in the oil and gas industry;
- Advanced skills using MS Office suite including:
- Excel, including Macro developing, graphing, report development, and VB programming;
- Access – advanced skillset, build databases, report screens, and SQL commands;
- Solid understanding of databases and IT infrastructure;
- Understanding of production data;
- Spotfire and Power BI reporting experience;
- Experience with OSI PI and Process Book;
- Strong organization and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks;
- The ability to travel to field offices (1-3 times per month) which will entail working with production engineering team, gathering requirements, and ensuring alignment;
- Experience in the oil and gas industry, especially around production operations would be considered an asset; and,
- Knowledge of production accounting and production data is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.