Quality Assurance Lead
Eagle is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Lead. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing delivery oversight to the Quality Control (QC) team and its activities in the development and execution of all testing strategies, plans and scripts within controlled, dynamic and varied testing solutions and environments;
- Providing oversight to the Quality Control team to facilitate the seamless testing and delivery of vital software and infrastructure solutions;
- Overseeing testing activities designed to ensure the completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformance to standards of Solution Delivery outputs, and ensuring that testing activities are completed according to schedule;
- Overseeing the development and validation of quality control standards and test procedures on new or modified applications or infrastructure; directing appropriate documentation, including detailed and summary design artifacts and test reports;
- Continually monitoring processes used to create project deliverables and identify any Quality Control process improvement activities;
- Participating in the introduction of new capabilities within the Solution Delivery group, under the direction of the Manager, Solution Quality Control;
- Providing technical leadership as required, prioritizing and setting goals, and organizing teams towards optimal performance and output based on skills;
- Identifying, assessing and communicating delivery risks and contributing to resource allocation and alarm conditions using standardized escalation processes;
- Developing and maintaining oversight documentation, reporting to the Manager on activities including testing lifecycle planning and optimization, and tracking team performance against standardized KPIs;
- Maintaining awareness of the business context and priority, including organization and program structure;
- Monitoring performance through gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports on fee-for-service contractor’s performance;
- Establishing standards of service (Service Level Agreements) for Automation, Manual, and User Acceptance testing in addition to Release Management;
- Establishing and maintaining all environmental integrations for third party/brokered work into the QC environment;
- Interfacing with Vendors, application support, software developers, and project managers to implement best practice testing methodologies;
- Communicating with the organization’s end users regarding pertinent quality control activities and issues;
- Collaborating with IT management to perform effective quality control staff and capability planning;
- Effectively interacting and communicating with contacts/business partners across the organization on application and infrastructure support activities in the event of incidents;
- Comprehending and validating delivery against solution design artifacts, to ensure that tested solutions deliver against business requirements;
- Identifying the effectiveness and completeness of quality control strategies and ensuring alignment with I&IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies;
- Providing guidance to 15-20 team members; delivering timely feedback to ensure a cohesive operational unit and optimum use of team skills; monitoring work assignments to ensure adherence to timelines; and,
- Oversees fee-for-service contractors assigned to projects and associated activities (e.g. estimation and resource requirements, project planning, scheduling, controlling, and reporting) to ensure consistent processes as well as delivery of services in accordance with agreements/contracts.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma, preferably in computer science/engineering, information technology, business administration or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum eight (8) years of role specific experience;
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive experience leading quality control teams to support and maintain IT environments, with a demonstrated ability to perform operational capacity management;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in planning and performing quality control and testing activities to verify that application and infrastructure components conform to defined requirements, system designs, and quality standards;
- Experience with project coordination to coordinate complex solution development projects to meet schedule and budget commitments;
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Certified Manager of Software Quality (CMSQ) (an asset);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 (an asset); and,
- Relevant IT certifications in Enterprise Architecture Framework (Open Group or Zachman) (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.