Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Solutions Architect for a fifteen (15) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in September, 2017.
Key Responsibilities of a Solutions Architect
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with business and IT teams to design and develop well-defined technical solutions that meet business objectives and requirements identified by the Project Manager and Business Analysts.
- Gain an understanding of the current software environment and identify integration points and requirements of the solutions to existing enterprise software;
- Develop solution and implementation plans with appropriate resource skills and estimates of effort for integration with identified applications;
- Assist in developing task lists and resource assignments based on architectural planning and deployments;
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of dependencies, inter- dependencies, and business impacts pertaining to solutions proposed and designed for implementation;
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams on proof of concept and limited production roll outs.
- Document technical recommendations; related operational documentation and provide technical advice to project and informatics team members; and,
- Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, and facilitate tracking and closure of issues.
Skills and Qualifications of a Solutions Architect
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree or Masters in Computing Science or equivalent;
- Seven (7) years of experience in application development;
- Seven (7) years of experience in data integration;
- Seven (7) years of experience in understanding business goals and translating them into requirements for IT solutions;
- Seven (7) years of experience communicating with staff at all levels within an organization;
- Seven (7) years of experience with preparations of reports, technical application manuals, software operations and maintenance documentation;
- Seven (7) years of experience with MS Office 2010/2013 products including Excel/Word Macros;
- Five (5) years of experience with Microsoft .Net framework and Microsoft SQL;
- Two (2) years of experience with real time architectures;
- Experience with metadata models and standards;
- Must pass enhanced security clearance requirements;
- Experience configuring, installing, implementing enterprise records management systems for public sector, health care or justice system;
- Experience developing data governance standards;
- Experience developing critical, large data management environments and integrating with complex custom and COTS software;
- Experience with enterprise information asset management systems;
- Experience with a policing organisation, particularly in the area of information, records and document management a significant asset;
- Experience with GIS systems – 3 years;
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer or a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer designation;
- Experience with Informatica – 3 years;
- Experience with FOIP regulations and compliance an asset;
- Experience with information architecture an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.