Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Incident management (3rd level);
- Identifying and documenting production problems, escalating as required;
- Identifying recurring problems and recommending preventative measures;
- Reviewing and validating change requests and incidents documentation;
- Delivering clear written application documents and supporting processes material;
- Attending to change control meetings to identify non-planned impacts;
- Contributing with management team in determining tactical and strategic direction for support activities;
- Leading meetings with externals partners to identify priority defects and changes;
- Liaising with vendors, ITS and business partners to identify improvement opportunities;
- Supporting other TS activities like security incidents, disaster recovery activities and audits;
- Providing effective day-to-day production support for applications through accurate problem identification and timely resolution of production issues;
- Monitoring day-to-day application logs and performing problem determination including data gathering and analysis;
- Investigating applications issues;
- Communicating issues to business and TS partners;
- Performing work on all aspects of the application/system support;
- Tracking problem logs and doing follow up of problem resolution;
- Escalating issues to appropriate stakeholders;
- Working effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in resolving critical service issues;
- Prioritizing and managing own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines; and,
- Identifying and recommending opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the application support unit.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Seven (7) years’ experience with Documentation and Incident Management;
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of IT expertise in online systems development or infrastructure;
- Seven to ten (7-10) years’ experience with technical support level II or III;
- Five (5) years leadership experience;
- Verbal and written communication skills both in French and English;
- Ability to understand, acquire and apply new technical skills;
- Seven (7) years Enterprise IT System Implementation experience;
- Availability to work outside of regular business hours for emergency;
- Two (2) years’ Experience with JIRA/Confluence, SQL Developer;
- Three (3) years’ experience in insurance/banking (an asset)
- Three (3) years’ experience with ServiceNow (an asset);
- Three (3) years’ experience with logs and monitoring tools (Splunk, Tivoli, etc.) (an asset); and,
- Certification ITIL (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.