Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Buyer for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of an Intermediate Buyer
The successful candidate will:
- Process internal project client requests for the supply of goods as required;
- Manage competitive sourcing processes as required;
- Develop, issue, and manage RFPs, RFQ, RFIs, etc.;
- Conduct bid spreadsheet analyses and proposal commercial evaluations;
- Coordinate overall evaluations with project clients;
- Liaise with bidders, suppliers, and other internal stakeholders (supplier qualification, engineering, project team, Legal, Risk, etc.) as required;
- Assemble purchase order documents and administer purchase orders within area of responsibility;
- Organize and manage project and purchase order files, both electronic and paper files;
- Facilitate supplier's pre-qualification process and liaise with Life Cycle Management to ensure a timely outcome;
- Maintain purchase order records in SAP, ensuring governance requirements are met at all times;
- Provide purchase order status updates as required;
- Ensure all relevant information is received to maintain SAP records;
- Receive, route and review for Contractual content all RFI's and ensure all are answered in a timely fashion and filed in accordance with the Contacts Filing Index Decision Making;
- Make decisions and recommendations within established guidelines, procedures or polices and up to those within authorized limits;
- Manage problems that are unique and that require independent thinking;
Skills and Qualifications of an Intermediate Buyer
The qualified candidate must have:
- Four to eight (4-8) years of experience;
- Successfully completed a University Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study;
- Considerable knowledge of procurement process and ability to make decisions based on policy;
- Have a solid understanding of specific goods and services and vendors including commercial terms of agreement with vendors;
- Good understanding of purchasing policies and procedures;
- Ability to manages own job with prioritization, organizational, and goal-setting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word;
- Working knowledge of the competitive bid process and all associated bid types (RFI’s, RFP’s, RFQ’s etc.);
- Previous experience in ERP software;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment while meeting deadlines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.