Senior Business Systems Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Gathering and documenting the business requirements and then ensuring that the deliverables produced by the development effort conform to the business needs;
- Driving the system functional testing and user acceptance testing process, including preparation of acceptance criteria, review of the test plans and scenarios, review of test results as well as taking responsibility for end to end testing. In some cases the Business Analyst – Systems also executes test cases and directly ensures system integrity;
- Management of the normalization period - defect management and communication to the operational team;
- Reviewing key development and design deliverables, including interface specifications, integration requirements, data schemas, and design documentation, as well as the business’s implementation and conversion strategies and plans;
- Contributing to the project planning and administration; and,
- Developing the project charter documentation, business requirements documentation, solution design reviews, process documentation, test plan and test case creation. In addition, the Business Analyst – Systems helps co-ordinate the project by arranging project meetings, resolution of roadblocks, following up on issues and sign-offs, producing status documentation and informing team members of decisions made.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree, and three (3) years’ work experience in a discipline such as Business Analysis – Systems, Senior Programmer/Designer or Systems Analyst, Process modeling, Multi-tiered application development, infrastructure and networking concepts and practices, Leading multi-disciplinary JAD sessions or Dealing with multiple vendors in the creation of end to end solutions;
- Ability to be highly analytical and understand the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets;
- Ability to leverage insights from data and metrics to make recommendations;
- Ability to understand how different areas of the application integrates with other downstream system and to assess the ripple impacts;
- Ability to work autonomously to learn large amounts of information in a short amount of time as ramp up on new projects;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, visualization tools;
- Ability to be a self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels (up to Executive VP);
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills;
- Bilingualism (English and French);
- Leadership experience defining requirements and solutions related to operational processes;
- Absolute ability to see the business problem and business solution in the eyes of the customer;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio);
- Experience with data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server or others;
- Knowledge of the Field Services domain, tools / processes;
- Working knowledge of understanding system interface specification and xml document;
- Experience with BI and data warehouse technologies; and,
- Working knowledge of knowledge of data modeling and entity relationships.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.