Release Managers (3)
Our client requires three (3) Release Managers with proven results experience who are highly motivated individuals. You will own the Release Management life-cycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases for multiple applications across various portfolios. This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
This is a six (6) month contract with a top tier company, scheduled to begin immediately.
We’re looking for people who can:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio;
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality;
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations;
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates;
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes;
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations;
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews;
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans;
- Provide weekly release reporting;
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required;
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities;
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges;
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors;
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process;
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists;
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms;
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks;
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists; and,
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
Do you have?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
- An ITIL Certification, would be an asset;
- Between two (2) and six (6) years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred);
- Between (8) and ten (10) years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development;
- Formal training in project management practices preferred;
- An advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion;
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office; and,
- Expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 49592 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.