Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Database Administrator for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, building, testing, deploying and developing quality database solutions for new projects consistent with project objectives and client requirements, and following technology architecture standards;
- Creating all database objects from design to implementation;
- Designing and implementing DBMS solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, and security;
- Working with development team and 3rd party vendor regarding optimal use of database resources and features while adhering to standards and architecture compliance;
- Working with development team throughout the development life cycle;
- Administering databases and performing database tuning for performance and capacity;
- Maintaining backup and recovery of the database environment. Maintain database physical integrity and assist in preserving logical integrity;
- Communicating status and provide timely escalation of issues and interest;
- Liaising with application service owners and technical leads to ensure project and service deliverables are met;
- Providing DB related technical expertise to project teams and,
- Working with teams to deliver solutions to clients.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- 7+ years of Oracle DBA in large environment (both production and development background);
- 7+ years of RAC and Dataguard;
- 7 yrs Working in an Oracle Unix/Linux environment;
- 7 yrs + Strong databases - Oracle 10g and 11g;
- 7+ years’ experience with all phases of platform development in including prototyping/proof of technology, analysis, design, development deployment, testing and documentation;
- Someone who can commit to the length of the contract and has served large projects;
- Experience working in the UAT environment;
- Excellent communication skills and presentations skills. Please do not submit candidates if they are not able to communicate well and,
- Initiative and drive in day to day work and be able to prioritize.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.