Intermediate Project Manager
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Project Manager for a permanent opportunity, scheduled to begin in May, located in Acheson, AB.
Key Responsibilities of an Intermediate Project Manager
The successful candidate will:
- Initiate projects following appropriate project management methodology including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements, ensuring strategic alignment, developing project charters, project plans, presentations, budgets and schedules, determining staffing requirements, and forming cross-functional project teams;
- Ensure project documentation is current and up to date;
- Manage and reports on project budgets;
- Balance workload, provide technical and analytical guidance and work direction to project team, including scheduling, assignment of work, review of project efforts and removal of roadblocks which inhibit project success;
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and assist in the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle;
- Identify project risks and ensures strategies are in place for each to prevent negative impacts to the successful delivery of the project;
- Ensure that all team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively, and provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance;
- Ensure projects meet compliance requirements;
- Ensure projects meet regulatory requirements;
- Assess variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives;
- Clearly communicate expectations, progress, milestones, risks and mitigating tasks to team members, stakeholders, steering committees and executive;
- Identify potential areas for improvement in current methodologies and provides coaching to others leading projects;
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients;
- Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion;
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements as well as determining processes to improve future projects;
- Communicate changes to the company to stakeholders and executive;
- Vendor management to ensure partnerships and successful delivery of projects;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools;
- Work with the Manager of the PMO to continue to develop best practices and tools for project execution and management;
- Follow policies, procedures and methodologies;
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and escalate as required;
- Coach, motivate and lead project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability and ensure appropriate quality for their assigned work; and,
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Skills and Qualifications of an Intermediate Project Manager
The qualified candidate must have:
- Diploma, certificate, degree or other post-secondary education in a related field;
- Five to ten (5-10) years related experience in Project Management capacity;
- Project Management training and certification;
- Excellent discipline and time management skills to plan, manage and deliver results within a team and independently;
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to travel to where the work needs to be done and to work productively in a distributed team environment;
- Customer-focused approach to resolving business process related systems issues with the business community;
- Ability to proactively identify and manage risk;
- Ability to influence without authority; and,
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.