Senior Software Development Lead
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Software Development Lead. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the preparation of detailed specifications from which programs will be written based on an understanding of the business or functions for which the application is designed;
- Using the latest concepts in application architecture, and standard software development life cycle (SDLC) processes to determine technical design, developing and test coding, and documenting and implementing software solutions at the application level;
- Leading the technical analysis, program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation, and with full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming;
- Leading the development and support of applications as needed, either individually or as part of a team, including the modification of existing programs to conform to system changes, or to make improvements in the existing program;
- Leading application developers at the sub-project or project levels, and schedules and facilitating quality assurance functions including walkthroughs of the code and the application;
- Reviewing all programs prior to implementation to verify consistency and conformance with established departmental guidelines, policies and practices, as well as industry standard guidelines;
- Leading, or performing, the acceptance testing and program implementation for all assigned systems and/or projects; and,
- Working with user departments to advise on, or resolve, specific problems or make changes in systems applications, capabilities, alternative programming approaches, limitations, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum eight (8) years’ work experience providing a solid background in the analysis, design and development of corporate systems;
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of creative and effective solutions to business needs by means of both purchased and developed solutions;
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of systems development, with the ability to promote a coherent corporate approach to Enterprise application delivery using a multi-tiered architecture;
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in developing and implementing small and large Enterprise applications developed with Microsoft Visual Studio, Business Objects, Oracle;
- Experience with Developer and Oracle Reports and a strong ability to write SQL code;
- Understanding of XML technologies for applications and systems interoperability;
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Sun Solaris Unix operating systems;
- RDBMS background - SQL Server relational databases, ODBC and other connectivity software, and be conversant with communications technologies; and,
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.