Cloud Operations Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Cloud Operations Specialist for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating of virtual environments for development teams and assisting in troubleshooting day-to-day issues;
- Monitoring network usage and undertaking routine preventative measures;
- Troubleshooting network and system issues to resolution and isolating problems using system logs and other tools;
- Managing security across the environment including user administration and SSL certificate installations;
- Monitoring patches from vendors and apply pro-actively within assigned environment;
- Performing database and application administration and provide second-level support;
- Supporting Architects in the development of the architectural direction and governing policies;
- Establishing necessary testing requirements to evaluate proposed designs and validate technology platforms;
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Ensure stability, reliability and performance of all systems;
- Meets all deadlines;
- Core Competencies: Customer Service Orientation, Problem Solving/Judgment, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability, Initiative, Integrity, Individual Accountability and Operational Excellence;
- 5+ years’ System Administration experience in a large-scale, multi-OS (Linux/Windows) high-availability environment required with knowledge of patch management, storage management and performance management;
- 2+ years’ experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Saltstack) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, Capistrano);
- 1+ years’ experience with cloud computing and application platforms; AWS, Azure, Heroku;
- 1+ years’ experience managing LAMP web-farms in a virtual environment (VMWare ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V) serving millions of page views daily; Memcache/Redis; Load-balancing. Nginx configuration and operation;
- Experience with containerization & orchestration: Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos;
- Experience setting up and regularly using monitoring, trending and logging tools (Graphite/Grafana, Zabbix, CollectD, StatsD, Sensu, Nagios, ELK, Librato, Graylog, Cloudwatch);
- Experience with revision control systems and usage for managing systems configuration; SVN, Git, etc. and,
- Experience with managing, operating and monitoring backup systems.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.