Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading analytical initiatives including benchmarking, industry intelligence and trends analysis for the purpose of aiding in the development of business solutions and site and market specific strategies;
- Creating ad-hoc reports, reporting troubleshooting and analyzing the financial performance of the Retail department on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
- Identifying exploitable business opportunities by completing comparative analytics and recommending opportunities for business growth based on those analytics;
- Process ownership and improvement are also core responsibilities in the areas of capital deployment, site maintenance spend, new site acquisition, and new retailer on-boarding, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting;
- Assisting senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, and status reports;
- Being a key participant in all phases of research for the purposes of formulating strategy, discovering opportunities and defining requirements to advance the business. In addition, the role requires competencies in change management and continuous improvement to always seek out new, and challenge existing ways, of discovering profit opportunities;
- Providing quarterly forecasting and weekly/monthly analysis of retail business (identifying key areas of concern and resolutions, as well as recommending actions as appropriate);
- Preparing documents, benchmark reports, status reports, and budget reports;
- Reviewing existing business processes, and modify as required, to improve efficiencies and profits;
- Assisting senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, status reports, and presentations to support business decisions and strategies;
- Monitoring and reporting on market trends and their effect on business strategies; and,
- Supporting Retail group on ad-hoc reporting and other initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) years in an analytical role such as Project Controls or Financial Analysis;
- Five (5) years’ familiarity with, and ability to analyze, financial statements;
- Five (5) years’ experience analyzing data and transform that that data into summarized forecasts and intelligence for decision-making;
- Five (5) years’ advanced skills in MS Excel including Pivot Tables and Dashboard creation;
- Previous experience in the retail sector is nice to have;
- Understanding of different streams of oil and gas and their interconnected roles is nice to have;
- Proficiency in SAP (BI Reporting Module) is nice to have;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Economics, or related field is nice to have;
- Certified Business Analysis Professional is nice to have;
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry is nice to have; and,
- Experience with Landmark DSDQ, SpotFire and SQL queries is nice to have.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.