Security Operations Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Security Operations Specialist for a permanent opportunity, scheduled to begin in May.
Key Responsibilities of a Security Operations Specialist
The successful candidate will:
- Provide IT teams with security architecture and design guidance;
- Lead the interaction with stakeholders and project groups to assess and document information security and technology risks;
- Hands on implementation and/or management of security systems;
- Assist in security-related investigations and respond to malware related alerts and incidents;
- Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of cybersecurity procedures and configurations;
- Research and assess emerging security threats and vulnerabilities and provide position papers; and,
- Assist with the execution of an information security strategy and roadmap.
Skills and Qualifications of a Security Operations Specialist
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree or college diploma in an IT related field;
- Eight plus (8+) years of IT/IS experience with a diverse technology background;
- Five plus (5+) years of relevant experience in IT Security;
- One or more relevant industry certifications (CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CEH, CISA, GSNA, etc.);
- Familiarity with OWASP/CIS security controls;
- Familiarity with security and risk assessment frameworks (ISO27001/02, NIST, COBIT5, etc.);
- Experience with information security concepts such as:
- Network architecture and secure network design, next-generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, etc.,
- Microsoft Active Directory security and management principles,
- Linux and/or Windows security principles,
- Authentication, identification, and authorization mechanisms,
- Defense in depth security strategies,
- Least privilege access strategies,
- Access control models, and,
- Threat and vulnerability management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical matters in easy to understand non-technical ways;
- Excellent analytical, investigative and problem solving skills;
- Ability to drive innovation with a “think outside the box” mindset;
- Ability to identify priorities and ensure that work is completed within stipulated timeframes;
- Team oriented and be able to work with limited supervision; and,
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.