MIGRATION & SQL DEVELOPER
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Migration & SQL Developer for a five (5) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Migration & SQL Developer
The successful candidate will:
- Work work under the guidance of the Application Architect;
- Write automation scripts as well as automating installation, configuration load and stress tests;
- Write scripts to support the transition of the applications to the new data center or Microsoft Azure;
- Write scripts to support transformations of the application servers and database servers as required and directed by the Application Architect in order to function in the future state architecture. This may include: virtualization, upgrades to newer OS, upgrades to newer SQL server versions, etc.;
- Review all custom developed code to edit and/or rewrite in order to work within the new data;
- Review all reports (SSRS, Crystal Reports, and other) to edit and/or rewrite as required to work within the future state architecture;
- Transform the application servers and database servers as required and directed by the Application Architect in order to function in the future state architecture. This may include: virtualization, upgrades to newer OS, upgrades to newer SQL server versions, etc.;
- Create data transformation and replication scripts;
- Review all MLMs and other configuration components to ensure alignment with the future state architecture;
- Perform developer unit testing as required;
- Support the testing team; and,
- Develop documentation as required (code, release notes, etc.).
Skills and Qualifications of a Migration & SQL Developer
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree in consulting category related discipline;
- An absolute minimum of ten (10) years of directly related experience.
- Strong technical analytical skills;
- Extensive experience with SQL2005 server and SQL2008 server administration;
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and Windows Server operating systems (Win 2003 and Win 2008);
- Experience in developing Windows automating scripts (PowerShell, CMD batch scripting);
- Extensive experience with T-SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, functions, etc.;
- Development experience in multiple languages, including C#, Java and VB.NET;
- Experience with the creation and modification of Crystal Report and SSRS reports;
- Experience TCP/IP programming (sockets);
- ETL experience (SSIS/DTS);
- Experience of COM+/DCOM;
- Knowledge of Azure or AWS automation scripts;
- Knowledge of Virtualization automation scripts (Hyper-V, VMWare, AWS, Azure);
- Experience with HL7 messaging;
- Experience with Arden Syntax (MLM);
- Experience with BizTalk is desired;
- Experience and subject matter expertise with Windows server family (Win 2003 through to -2012);
- Experience automating load and stress QA tests;
- Ability to work in a complex environment; and,
- Excellent communication skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.