Web Content Writers (2)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Web Content Writers for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin in June.
Duties and tasks include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design, and business/industry trends, as applicable to the client’s environment;
- Cataloging and archiving of content written for the web for use as a reference;
- Producing content, including original creative copy and multimedia content, for a variety of media and audiences including marketing, technical and training documentation, advertising, employee communications, public relations, social media and presentations;
- Coordinates assigned projects and assigns projects, ensuring effective teamwork and communications, ensures high standards of work quality and organizational performance;
- Leading and participating in multidisciplinary work teams to facilitate the successful implementation of web communication strategies and initiatives;
- Conducts research into assigned subjects ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government;
- Assessing informational needs of users and clients, developing and presenting concepts, providing solutions, seeking out opportunities and keeping informed about developments in the field of online communications; and,
- Ensures that content within the client’s websites is integrated, accurate and current through content reviews and evaluation of web analytics and client feedback, provides critical analysis of same.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or other mass communication disciplines;
- Certificate-level qualification in web writing and digital media production with focus on web content, will be considered an advantage;
- The candidate should be an exceptional writer in English with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in producing editing and proofreading content for the web; and,
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience with working with industry standard web Content Management Systems such as SharePoint, WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- The candidate should be an exceptional writer in English with an excellent command on English grammar;
- Know basic design fundamentals of content creation such as writing style, use of active tone, use of embedded links throughout the text and familiarity with digital content management systems;
- Adept at MS Word and Adobe Acrobat;
- Familiar with HTML and PHP, CSS;
- Well-versed with WordPress and Joomla;
- Knowledge of basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques;
- Knowledge and experience of writing content specific to different service and industry sectors especially government will be considered an advantage.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.