Intermediate Web Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a five (5) Intermediate Web Developers. This is an eight (8) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
- Understanding and applying Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
- Working with the back-end development team to find innovative solutions;
- Bringing solutions to problems related to cross-platform display;
- Working with the designers team to respect their guidelines;
- Working with the user experience team to make sure we deliver the best possible experience, aligned with the business objectives;
- Assuring the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience; and,
- Respecting the established processes and trying to improve them.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- DEC in computer science or equivalent;
- Fluency in both French and English;
- Five (5) years of experience in front-end development;
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe CS6;
- Analytical skills, ability to conceptualize;
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day to day work and take appropriate actions;
- Working knowledge of a templating engine (Velocity, Thymeleaf, etc.);
- Working knowledge of a versioning tool (git, svn);
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Stash);
- Experience with Agile methodology, Scrum;
- Experience to work in a Java environment;
- Working knowledge of social web, navigation standards and issues related to SEO;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, at the same time fun and possess a good sense of humour;
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle several competitive products simultaneously; and,
- Ability to communicate effectively within a national organization.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.