Intermediate Java Developer (4)
Eagle is currently seeking four (4) Intermediate Java Developers. This is an eight (8) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the analysis and design of new features;
- Developing new features and maintaining existing ones;
- Developing and maintaining Java standards;
- Providing accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
- Understanding and applying Scrum rules and principles in every task;
- Working with the front-end development team to find innovative solutions;
- Working with the user experience team to make sure we deliver the best possible experience, aligned with the business objectives;
- Assuring the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience; and,
- Respecting the established processes and try to improve them.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) years of experience in java development;
- Fluency in both English and French;
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests;
- Excellent working knowledge of Java, Maven, XML, AJAX, JSON, HTML5;
- Analytical skills, ability to conceptualize;
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day to day work and take appropriate actions;
- Working knowledge of a templating engine (Velocity, Twig, etc.);
- Working knowledge of a versioning tool (git);
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confsluence, Fish Eyes);
- Experience with Agile methodology, Scrum;
- Experience working in a Java environment;
- Working knowledge of social web, navigation standards and issues related to SEO;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.