Oracle / SQL Server Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Oracle / SQL Server Developer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and deploying various data objects including tables, views, indexes, stored procedures (T-SQL and PL/SQL);
- Identifying inefficiencies in current databases and investigating solutions;
- Diagnosing and resolving database access and performance issues;
- Planning and coordinating data migrations between systems;
- Ensuring all database systems meet business and performance requirements;
- Producing ad-hoc queries to support business needs;
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation;
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the data policies;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata); and,
- Working closely with IT project managers, the solutions architecture team, the quality assurance team and other database programmers.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University or College Degree in Computer Science/Technology or equivalent;
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Ability to work in a high paced environment;
- Ability to collaborate professionally with teams;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Advanced knowledge in database coding (T-SQL & PL/SQL);
- Experience in root cause analysis and providing workarounds and solutions for DB structures;
- Good working knowledge of formal change management processes;
- Strong planning, prioritizing and time management skills - must be able to undertake and manage multiple tasks at the same time and work under deadlines and operational pressures;
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL; and,
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience with SQL Server T-SQL.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.