Business Analyst, Financial Applications
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst, Financial Applications. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with decision-makers, system owners, and end users to analyze information needs and functional requirements;
- Gathering and evaluating business requirements to prepare associated documentation and configuration;
- Investigating issues, identifying root causes, recommending and driving resolutions;
- Acting as the liaison between finance and operational business units, technology teams and vendors;
- Developing and presenting detailed business cases to business and IT stakeholders and management;
- Assessing and validating various technology solutions from various providers in order to document gap analysis with recommendations;
- Proactively suggesting ways to improve the effectiveness and performance of processes and procedures related to the financial applications;
- Maintaining strong client commitment;
- Keeping abreast of business changes and requirements; and,
- Ensuring IT documentation is completed as per requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Technology or related field;
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in a business analysis, finance or audit capacity;
- Capability of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations; ability to manage time effectively;
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements;
- Ability to identify problems and deal with situations and issues proactively;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and affectively with executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience in the areas of application integration and methodologies, business process design, process re-engineering and continuous improvement;
- Experience with ERP systems (IFS, SAP, Oracle), financial consolidation applications (Cognos Controller, Hyperion) and/or BI concepts (an asset);
- Practical experience with internal control procedures and audit requirements in relation to data access, security and master data configuration (an asset); and,
- Bilingualism, French and English, (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.