IT Build Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an IT Build Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing specialized technology related build support (e.g. research, installation, configuration, provisioning, administration support of systems, applications) and ensuring the service or build support meets or exceeds established standards/service levels, while minimizing operational risk;
- Partnering with key stakeholders to schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner; reducing change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams;
- Continuously striving to improve the stability of production environment by partnering closely with key stakeholders on setting up, maintaining and monitoring applications/systems, ensuring availability targets are met;
- Ensuring timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution; communicating project status and providing timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met;
- Delivering effective and defect-free support (application, hardware, software and/or operations), researching system issues / opportunities, overseeing the execution of recommendations and maintaining accurate documentation;
- Interacting with clients to provide quality service/solutions consistent with objectives and client requirements;
- Designing, reviewing, and integrating all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations;
- Identifying and addressing application and data issues and cross-capability and cross release issues that affect application integrity;
- Consulting with other functional areas to provide technical expertise on area of specialization by acting as a reference on technology, trends and processes related to own area;
- Participating in projects aimed at evolving the base infrastructure, deploying new technologies, or optimizing the operational environment. May build and deploy base infrastructure components such as servers, operating systems and middleware for all environments;
- Scheduling changes to supported components in accordance with the approved change management procedures; implementing changes with proper testing, stakeholder signoff, monitoring and with minimal impact to the business;
- Responding to requests for information and assist project teams in evaluating alternate approaches;
- Monitoring system lifecycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, undertaking re-development, as required;
- Assessing and analyzing optimization opportunities to the operational environment to improve performance and/or resource utilization;
- Ensuring effective change management discipline is used;
- Assisting in the maintenance of secure computing facilities and technical infrastructure/architecture to support clients and applications as appropriate;
- Adhering to existing processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required;
- Following standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and applicable Business Recovery Plans (BRP);
- Identifying/implementing process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and/or reduce costs;
- Complying with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines;
- Making effective use of the cost management processes in place in own unit;
- Continuously enhancing knowledge/expertise in services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery; and,
- Keeping current with industry and/or business trends.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Fluency in both French and English;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Scripting, JBoss, Deployment, Test case /Test plans / test scenarios and Application deployment;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Deployment to Cloud; and,
- Availability outside of regular office hours during deployment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.