Eagle is currently seeking a Database Administrator. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying database requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing department applications programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and proposing new systems;
- Providing solutions by defining database logical / physical structure and functional capabilities, data import/export, data migration, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications;
- Installing revised or new systems by working on specifications and flowcharts; optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements;
- Maintaining database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products;
- Providing DBA support services by answering questions and requests;
- Supporting database functions by coding utilities;
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; and,
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Six plus (6+) years’ solid experience supporting DB2/UDB (V9.7 up) on the AIX platforms;
- Six plus (6+) years’ solid experience supporting Oracle on UNIX/LINUX (11g up) platforms;
- Six plus (6+) years’ database creation and the ongoing support and administration of databases for large applications;
- Six plus (6+) years’ solid experience with UNIX Operating system and UNIX shell scripting;
- Proven ability to perform database change management, performance tuning, and problem solving;
- Six plus (6+) years’ experience in writing and debugging complex SQL scripts;
- Six plus (6+) years’ experience in installing new DBMS versions and applying maintenance fixes supplied by the DBMS vendor;
- Strong troubleshooting capability;
- Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs;
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges; and,
- Ability to be a team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast paced project team with strong listening skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.