Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
The Gloucester Skating Club is one of the 6th largest skating clubs in Canada with an active membership of more than 1,100 skaters. It offers a wide variety of skating programs including CanSkate, Competitive stream, STARSkate, Synchronized, Dance, Pairs and Teen-Adult programs. Since its inception in 1971, the Gloucester Skating Club has been the home and training center of many accomplished skaters and coaches whosuccessfully competed at National, International and Olympic levels. The club is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The Gloucester Skating Club is currently seeking a General Manager for a part-time position, requiring 3-4 days work per week. The successful candidate will report to the President of the volunteer board of directors.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a discipline related to the position (e.g. business administrations, not-for-profit management, etc.) or significant and recent* equivalent experience.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders. Knowledge and/or experience in figure skating (as governed by Skate Canada). (asset)
*Significant and recent means 5 year’s experience, in the last 10 years.
Asset: Bilingual in French and English.
- Knowledge and experience leading the development of recreation and competitive programing
- Knowledge and experience managing a non-for-profit organization
- Knowledge of Skate Canada policies, programs, and initiatives Experience with consulting, collaborating and providing strategic advice to a Board of Directors
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing strategic plans, business plans, and budgets
- Experience in the management of a team of contractors and full/part-time employees with a wide variety of responsibilities (e.g. responsible for community, recreation and competitive programs)
- Knowledge and experience using business software, e.g. accounting, member management, and office suites (Amilia, QuickBooks, Microsoft office, etc.)
- Knowledge of workplace legislation, including health and safety regulations
- Knowledge and experience with contracting professional service providers
- Experience with recruiting, developing, and managing performance of staff/contractors
- Knowledge of workplace well-being concepts
Marketing and Communications:
- Experience developing and delivering a marketing strategy for a recreation/completive/sporting activity
- Knowledge and experience managing the social media footprint of a recreation/competitive/sporting activity
- Experience building partnerships at various levels of government (municipal, provincial, federal).
- Develop and implement policy related to program, customers, volunteers and staff;
- Manage and coach staff/contractors to achieve GSC strategic goals and operational plan objectives;
- Develop internal and external communication systems, marketing and promotional materials
- Establish and monitor program budgets
- Responsible for the long-term vision of recreational and competitive on and off ice skating programs.
- Provide support and information to the GSC Board of Directors
- Develop and sustain community partnerships and governing body relationships as necessary
Key Activity A- Program Development –expected level of effort (ELOE) 30%
- In conjunction with the Program Directors, develop recreation and competitive skating programs as directed by the Board.
- Develop and maintain volunteer base.
- With Program Directors, identify program needs and address with Board.
- Develop marketing and promotion materials.
- Coordinate Business Management of GSC., including the development of performance indicators.
Key Activity B - Budget/Finance-ELOE 30%
- Establish annual budgets with staff input and consultation from Program Directors and Treasurer.
- Seek out funding through grant applications, fundraising and other activities.
- Monitor Monthly P&L and YTD. Report to Board on budget issues; Follow up on areas not on target with the Program Directors (recommending program adjustments if required).
- Oversee AP, AR and Payroll functions.
Key Activity C - Managing Staff – ELOE 20%
- Recruit, orient and evaluate performance of staff/contractors (Program Directors, Club Administrator, Accounting Generalist, and other paid staff).
- Ensure Contracts are updated and current.
- Ensure workplace legislative compliance in all areas.
- Develop and equitably apply HR policies.
- Realign resources when required in consultation with affected staff.
- Identify work team issues, enhance productivity and resolve conflicts.
Key Activity D- Administration/Marketing/Customer Service-ELOE 20%
- Attend staff, community, partner, governing body meetings as required including monthly Board of Directors meeting.
- Represent GSC when required.
- Build external and internal partnerships.
- Build communication plan for membership.
- Maintain relationships with Alumni, Honorary Members, VIPs, etc.
- Manage the social media presence of GSC.
- Attend to web, phone inquiries and concerns, escalated from Program Directors, Club Administrator, and Accounting Generalist.
- Oversee website information ensuring policy compliance and accuracy.
- Ensure consistent attraction of new customers, year over year by establishing and overseeing the execution of a strong up to date marketing and public relations strategy.
By applying to this position through Eagle, you acknowledge and expressly agree that Eagle will provide your submission directly to the Gloucester Skating Club for evaluation and should you be considered for this opportunity, you will either be contacted by Eagle or the Gloucester Skating Club directly.