Business Intelligence/Reporting Specialist
Our client, located in the Kincardine/Port Elgin area is seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist to join their IT Solutions department. The successful incumbent will use their knowledge of information systems to assess, evaluate and recommend additions or modifications of existing programs, systems, reports and databases. This is a permanent job opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with users, consultants and vendors to identify opportunities where technology can support and increase business value;
- Working closely with the business to develop reporting or analytic solutions; and,
- Developing ongoing expertise in current and emerging technologies.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferably Math, Computer Science is a requirement;
- Five plus (5+) years of experience working with analytics/reporting software, with a preference for Cognos/Informatica;
- Three plus (3+) years of data visualization experience;
- Indepth understanding of BI concepts of data warehousing, data marts, ETL processes, etc.
- Extensive experience with SQL and SQL scripting;
- Prior experience working in manufacturing, utilities, oil and gas, energy or automotive industries considered an asset;
- The ability to learn various new technologies required to support the business;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong business acumen; and,
- Proven project management skills and abilities.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package. The successful incumbents will be expected to maintain a residence within a reasonable commute to the facility. Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.