|By Kevin Dee,
Chairman of the Board at Eagle
It is not that many years ago that the term “Personal Brand” did not exist! Back then we built a “reputation”, “beefed up our resume”, strove to be a “thought leader”, were careful of our “image” etc. However I like the all encompassing description of Personal Brand!
What can YOU do to enhance your Personal Brand?
- Be a “thought leader” … share your knowledge.
- Invest in yourself … never stop learning.
- Learn … beyond your “technical area”. Professionals who truly understand how their technical skill impacts the business are most in demand.
- Network … and not JUST people like you!
- Dress for success!
- Get involved in your community … charities, industry associations, kid’s sports etc.
- Love what you do … you have to do it anyway so get your head into loving it!
- Work hard … be known as someone who delivers!
- Be positive … hang with positive people, think positive thoughts.
- Be an interesting person … keep up with current affairs, have opinions, listen to others!
Its all about raising your profile, establishing a positive reputation and living up to it!