Training and development is important for every professional in every field. Permanent employees usually have training provided by their employer or training allowances so they can develop their career path. Independent contractors do not have these luxuries so need to plan accordingly.
The Eagle Team wrote these posts to help independent contractors get a better understanding of where to prioritize training and development, as well as some tips to achieve your goals without breaking the bank:
- The Importance of Certifications for IT Professionals
- What You Need to Know About Agile Certification
- The Easiest Way for Independent Contractors to Increase Training and Development for Free
- Our Favourite People to Follow to Keep Up-to-Date in Business, Job Searching, Tech Trends and IT Contracting
These tools can also help you improve in areas that aren’t essential to your field, but important to have in any job as an IT contractor:
- 7 Essential Excel Tricks Every Office Worker Needs to Know
- 100 Web Design Tools That Anyone Can Use
- Every Technology Cheat Sheet a Developer Will Ever Need
- Five Useful MS Word Tricks
These infographics provide quick overviews on some technologies. They’re perfect for anybody looking to get into a new field. IT contractors may also want to pass them off to non-technical clients or recruiters to help them understand a particular area.
- Learning to Code — The Ultimate Cheat Sheet
- The Infographic That Will Save Every IT Contractor Time and Patience
- How to Teach Yourself to Code
- All About Hadoop
- What Does a Technical Writer Do?
- Project Management is for Everyone
- Web Development Jargon Decoded — Agile, Scrums, Kanban and Waterfalls
- The Data Science Industry — Who Does What?
- Quickly Understand or Teach the Basics of SQL with This Infographic