A job search has a number of aspects to it and nobody understands that better than an independent contractor who’s always looking out for new opportunities. Beyond knowing how to spruce up your resume and ace an interview, to be really successful, you have to understand the ins and outs of job search strategies.
For starters, here are a few basic job search tips:
- Become a Master Networker and Improve Your Job Search
- Managing Your Job Search Footprint
- Diversify Your Job Search
- Enhance Your Personal Brand
A major milestone in your search is the job interview. Here are the top posts we shared this year on that topic:
- You Have a Job Interview… Now What?
- Do Your Part to Have a Successful Job Interview
- 34 Crucial Tips for Your Next Interview
- Never Say These 6 Words in an Interview
- 10 Tips on Dressing for Your Job Interview
- What To Do When You Miss Your Interview
Finally, here are some posts with insight from Eagle’s own Executive Team:
- Calgary Job Outlook: The New Normal
- 5 Rate Negotiation Mistakes Independent Contractors Sometimes Make
- No Canadian Work Experience, Now What?
- 3 Secrets to Applying for IT Contracts in a Fast-Paced World
- Gaps in Employment: How to Overcome Them and Land Your Next Contract or Job
- Using Too Much Corporate Jargon Could Harm Your Job Search